What if this was the year you found your true voice?
Join me for a very special workshop series starting January 2014 designed to help you cultivate and nurture your own authentic voice in a supportive writing community.
Women Writing for (a) Change, Jacksonville, is now offering a 15-week course created to provide time, space and a community to support the lives of women who are:
- Just beginning to find their voices
- Writing but seeking new sources of inspiration and discipline
- In transition
- Working in the arts who want to write to open up new avenues of expression
- Involved in the helping professions and want to write as a way of keeping themselves intact
- Poets, novelists, journal-keepers, memoir writers, and others
Classes allow for personal writing time, small-group sharing, instruction in useful and positive feedback, and opportunities to read aloud for an audience. You’ll also learn to identify the internal and external systems that silence you, and help one another to change those systems.
Class meets Wednesdays from 7-9 p.m. in the Clubhouse of Jacksonville Golf and Country Club. Each class will be facilitated by writer-faciliatator Jennifer Wolfe, with occasional guest presenters. An additional Core Class will be offered Fall of 2014, with other workshops throughout the year. Tuition is $375.
Sampler session offered in November
If you’d like to “test drive” the model, please attend our “sampler session” on November 20, 2013. In this session, we will demonstrate the Women Writing for (a) Change practices and try out our “text” for the upcoming January class: Bird By Bird by Anne Lamott. We’ll use prompts from this wise and witty book for our writing practice, and use journaling, expressive writing, and other creative methods to give you a taste of what the WWf(a)C process offers its participants.
Our first sampler session was held on Wednesday, October 16, and was a powerful experience for 11 Jacksonville women. Here are some comments from participants of our first “sampler” class:
- Surprisingly fun! I really enjoyed my time and all the people.
- Time to concentrate on something for myself.
- The safe place to share.
- Enjoyed the safe structure and welcoming atmosphere. Enjoyed being encouraged in this space.
- The gift of the circle is the beauty in honesty. Words from the heart are always right.
Make this a year of profound change!
Experience the gifts of writing in a circle. Register by leaving a comment below or, follow the link to the Meetup site: http://www.meetup.com/Women-Writing-for-a-Change-Jacksonville/. Small fee of $25 for refreshments and materials for the Sampler; this can be applied to the tuition for the Core Class if you register by December 1, 2013.